Updated: December 13, 2018
Welcome to Fleetwood Park Secondary School! The staff in the ELL department are committed to helping make your experience at Fleetwood Park a positive and valuable one.
On this page, you will find important information and updates about events going on in the school.
If you are struggling in your courses or in your school life, come visit me or any of the ELL teachers for help.
Join the International Clubhouse, if you want to chat and socialize in different languages and plan fun activities for the international and non-international students of FPSS. Come to our meetings in Room A305 every Wednesday!
All International Students must come to at least one International Clubhouse meeting per month to check in with Ms Ikeda starting in October.
Join the International Students group on the FP Dragons app, check the International Student board in A305 and look out for monthly notices sent to you through your Block B class teacher for announcements about field trips and other activities.
- February 22-24 – Apex Mountain Ski Trip. $580 per student. Sign up in January.
- Wednesday September 12 – Ice cream social. Come to Room A305 to have ice cream and meet other International Students. Invitations will be handed out this week.
- CANCELLED (Due to low attendance) Fright Nights at Playland – Go through haunted houses, ride amusement park rides and play carnival games at Playland on Monday October 29th. The field trip will be after school from 5:45pm-10:45pm. It is $32 per student. See Ms Ikeda for permission forms. Forms and money due by October 18th.
- Friday December 7 – Year-End Party. Let Ms Ikeda know by December 4th if you will be coming to our party on December 7th. The party will be in A305 from 3pm. We will be serving pizza and fried chicken.
- Wednesday December 12 – Capilano Suspension Bridge Canyon Lights. Explore the forests of North Vancouver and make your way across the suspension bridge high above a river at Capilano Suspension Bridge park. There will be Christmas lights decorating the park for the holiday season. The bus leaves school at 3pm and returns at 8pm. All FPSS students are welcome. $20 for fee-paying international students and $25 for all other students. Get forms from Ms Ikeda in A305. The deadline to sign up is December 5th.