Updated: June 8, 2018
Welcome to Fleetwood Park Secondary School! The staff in the ELL department are committed to helping make your experience at Fleetwood Park a positive and valuable one.
On this page, you will find important information and updates about events going on in the school.
If you are struggling in your courses or in your school life, come visit me or any of the ELL teachers for help.
Join the International Student Association, if you want to take part in planning fun activities for the international students of FPSS. Come to our meetings in Portable 3 (formerly P479) with your ideas for events!
Follow me on Instagram @fpssinternational for updates and look out for monthly notices sent to you through your Block A class teacher.
- International Student Association (ISA) – meetings every other Wednesday in Portable 3. Snacks provided!
- Pizza party – after school on Friday October 6 in Portable 3. Sign up with Ms Ikeda by Wednesday.
- Pumpkin carving – after school on October 25th. Sign up on Instagram by commenting on the photo or let Ms Ikeda know in person.
- Trip to Victoria – District trip to Victoria is on November 3-4.
- Laser Tag – field trip after school for FPSS students on Monday December 4th. Tickets are $10 and include 2 games of laser tag and round trip bus transportation. Bus leaves school at 3pm and returns between 5:30-6pm. Sign up by Wednesday November 29th.
- End-of-Semester Sushi Party – Friday January 19th at 3pm in Portable 3. Sign up by Tuesday January 16th in the comment of the @fpssinternational Instagram post or with Ms Ikeda.
- Bowling – after school on Monday March 5 from 3-6pm. $12 for round trip bus transportation, fries, pop, bowling and shoes. Permission slips are due by Feb. 26.
- Trip to the Rockies – May 4-7th. $617 for transportation, accommodation, entrance fees, some meals.
- Deep Cove kayaking and hiking field trip – June 4th from 8:15am-3pm. Limited seats available. $35 per student. See Ms Ikeda for forms.
- End-of-Year Party – June 7th from 3pm in Portable 3. Let Ms Ikeda know if you will be attending by June 1st. End-of-year gifts will be distributed then, so make sure to come out!