Updated: November 22, 2017
Welcome to ELL 2 with Ms Ikeda! Class meets in Portable 3 (formerly P479) in Block C.
In order to start the semester on the right foot, please make sure that you are prepared for all lessons with the necessary supplies and a positive attitude.
Scroll down to see the course outline and expectations, information on the current unit, essential questions, learning targets and homework.
Current Unit: Introduction
- What makes me who I am?
Past Due Homework:
- Remember everyone’s name (Due 09/08)
- Bring signed Technology Consent form (Due 09/11)
- Bring all school supplies (Due 09/11)
- Ask parents for the story of your name (Due 09/13)
- Grade 8 students – Return Grade 8 Retreat permission form and $60 (Due 09/20
- Finish Terry Fox chart (Due 09/21)
- Finish Terry Fox draft (Due 09/26)
- Finish portfolio cover (Due 10/02)
- Finish portfolio cover and rehearse presentation (Due 10/03)
- Finish Simple Present Tense Exercise 4 (Due 10/05)
- Finish “Thanks For All Things” poem (3 stanzas) (Due 10/10)
- Finish good copy of your group’s story. All students must complete a good copy (Due 10/25)
- Complete La Llorona and The Black Lady of Bradley Woods questions (Due 10/27)
- Bring a traditional scary story from your home country in your home language (book, printed or written out) (Due 10/30)
- Finish Story Map on your traditional scary story (Due 11/01)
- Return signed interim (Due 11/01)
- Finish writing your traditional scary story plan for your home language (Due 11/07)
- Good copy of your dual language book – English, your home language, title page and coloured pictures (Due 11/15)
- Unit test on grammar (present tense, past tense, prepositions of time) and writing (story, routine) (11/20)